Blackmon Agency offers a full line of capacitor bank products for power factor correction, including:
Fixed Capacitor Banks
Available in 1 to 400 kvar, and up to 600 VAC, Cutler-Hammer fixed capacitor banks feature multiple capacitor cells assembled in a single enclosure. Designed for high reliability and a long service life, fixed capacitor banks are intended for applications that do not contain harmonic generating loads.
Switched Capacitor Banks
With standard ratings of 25 to 840 kvar, and up to 600 VAC, switched power factor correction capacitor banks are designed with built-in intelligence to adapt to a facility's changing load conditions. To maintain the desired power factor level, the product automatically monitors and controls banks of capacitor cells. As loads change throughout the facility, the solid state controller adds or subtracts capacitance from the system to maintain a consistent level of desired power factor.
Steelman capacitor banks
Blackmon agency is also proud to offer a full line of Steelman Capacitor Banks. Steelman Capacitors are proven to provide the benefits associated with top-quality power factor correction capacitors. Improved voltage, increased system capacity, and a reduction in line losses are the assured benefits of Steelman Capacitors. Of course, an improved power factor, which may result in a lower power bill, is guaranteed as well.
Steelman Capacitors are engineered for heavy-duty, trouble-free use. Steelman capacitors are built with components that meet or exceed industry standards. The result is an extended life expectancy and outstanding performance in harsh environments. Steelman offers three-phase capacitor cells that have a rated life of 150,000 hours, as well as a design of single-phase capacitors wired in a three-phase delta configuration. This allows replacement of just one phase instead of all three phases of a capacitor. Steelman capacitors are also UL Listed.
Options: An assortment of options provides for special requirements, convenient installation, and inspection.
1. Integral Contactor (/C) -an integral contactor is used to switch a fixed capacitor on & off when it cannot be switched by the motor starter. The most common situation that would require an Integral Contactor is where the motor does not have an across-the-line starter (i.e. open transition, reduced voltage starters). This situation also occurs when the motor is subject to reversing, plugging, or frequent starts; crane or elevator motors, or any motor where the load may drive the motor, or multi-speed motors. On these applications, the Capacitor should be installed on the distribution system ahead of the motor controller, and must not be switched with the load motor.
2. Integral Circuit Breakers (/CB) -when a Capacitor is installed on the main bus of a power system, a fused disconnect means is required. Steelman can supply an integral circuit breaker that will serve as the fused disconnect.
3. Internal Fusing (/F) -Internal fusing is a means to protect the "insides" of the capacitor. It will also take a capacitor off-line if there is a problem with the capacitor itself. This keeps problems from traveling up the power system. For example, if a non-fused capacitor is wired to the load-side of the motor starter, and it shorts out, the motor protection device will trip causing the motor to shut down. If the capacitor had been fused, the capacitor would have gone off-line but left the motor up and running.
4. Blown Fuse Indicator Lights (/FPL) - Blown fuse indicator lights make inspection easy. A quick visual check will let you know if all capacitors are on line.
5. Pigtails (/PT) - A four foot, four conductor SO cord allows installation without having to knock holes in the enclosure or remove the lid during installation.
6. Steelman Advantage (/SA) - This option uses higher-grade capacitors to extend the life expectancy of the unit. For more information click here.
7. Special Enclosures - Steelman will design enclosures based on size requirements, environmental conditions, or any special specifications, including stainless steel enclosures